So you care a lot about your health and your body, but what about your lips? Surely having an eye catching physique is no doubt a great way of presenting yourself in society (or just for giving great kisses). Having soft and healthy lips is a bonus if you can maintain it properly. So what you have to do to score 10 out of 10?
Here are the ten pointer rules to follow.
- Balanced Diet: So what should we exactly eat in our daily diet and what should we avoid? Eat vegetables and fruits as much as you can! Eating these will soften our skin, thus softening our lips too. Like for like!
- Moisturize your lips & your body: Drink water. Probably the easiest and the most effective way of keeping your lips from drying. You may be surprised how quickly you can get rid of dark and pigmented lips. Drink as much as you can!
- Apply ingredients to your lips: Keep a lip balm with yourself and apply it frequently throughout the day. Avoid petroleum based lip balms as it can cause more harm than good. Also apply oil containing vitamin E every night. Choose lip balms with caution!
- Don’t apply dark lipsticks ever: Dark and pigmented lipsticks may cause your soft lips to be pigmented making it worse. Apply wisely!
- Use rose petals: Make a mixture of a teaspoon of honey plus a teaspoon of milk powder plus some crushed rose petals and apply it to your lips for 10-15 minutes, then wipe off with damp cotton and don’t forget to apply lip balm after the process. Make it a habit!
- Remove your lip licking habits: Licking your lips frequently can slowly dry your lips. Change your habit!
- Protect your lips from sun: Yeah, just like you protect your body from sunshine, protect your lips too, as lips don’t contain melanin which shields your body skin from the sun. Always apply a layer of sun protective product like Neutrogena Lip Moisturizer SPF 15 and similar products you can find from drugstore.
- Avoid breathing with an open mouth: This one may seem weird, but it does contribute to your damaged lips. The air you inhale and exhale with your mouth won’t be filtered from harmful ingredients like your nose is specialized in. So make it a habit to breath with your nose. Change the way!
- Exercise your lips: Just like you keep your body fit and in shape, you can also keep your face and even lips the right way. You can make your lips fuller as well as smaller depending on how you are exercising. So don’t neglect it! Start from today!
- Don’t be afraid to go to a Doctor: We generally neglect the minor damage done to our lips, so we don’t treat the way we treat the other medical problems. Don’t get me wrong; if your lips went from bad to worse, it’s time for some medical checkup. Go to a doctor if required! Don’t waste your time!